Thursday, November 5, 2009

surgery.....

I had my surgery on October 30. It went very well, and I am proud to say that I never had to take any percauset. I was able to manage my pain on 3 advil every 8 hours!!! Woohoo for me! haha. For those that don't know, I had a hysterectomy. The Dr removed my cervix and uterus, left my ovaries so that my body is not thrown into menopause. I have not received a pathology report back yet to confirm what the dr thinks. But I had it removed because I have adenomyosis. Adenomyosis is uterine thickening that occurs when endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, moves into the outer muscular walls of the uterus. There is no treatment except for removal. So that is what we did. So we are officially done having children. Just means I get to spoil neices and nephews that much more! :) I am 6 days post surgery today and I am feeling pretty good. I can't laugh or sneeze without pain, but I am walking vertically as the dr says so that is great news! I go back on Dec 1 for another check up and then again on Dec 15 will keep you posted on them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Terrisa! I hope you are recovering well. I didn't know all the details :( Keep us updated on your recovery!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Followers